The Covid-19 pandemic has radically changed the way millions of people work and has led to the rise of telecommuting and remote work, as well as the use of the Digital Workplace.
If we focus on the data, we see, for example, that daily users of Zoom, a software that enables video calls and virtual meetings, rose from 10 million to 300 million during the first five months of the pandemic. There is no doubt that the coronavirus and the need to be at home to curb contagions have led to the use of digital tools that every entrepreneur should know about, such as the Digital Workplace.
What is a Digital Workplace?
Before Covid-19 hit the world, a Digital Workplace was just a professional social network created with the mission of connecting employees of a company through mobile devices in order to facilitate and improve internal communication.
Today, however, the need to digitize company processes has given rise to the term Digital Workplace, which refers to a digital workspace that allows all the applications, data and company information that employees need to carry out their professional activity to be accessible from any device, anywhere and at any time.
What makes the Digital Workplace a tremendously key tool for the future of companies is that they have become essential to ensure business continuity regardless of external factors, as has been found during the pandemic, as companies that managed to implement telework through digital tools had more opportunities to keep their businesses active.
What are the benefits of the Digital Workplace?
Business owners and entrepreneurs who have a business can take advantage of the Digital Workplace to improve the experience of workers and boost their efficiency and productivity.
But these are not its only benefits, as this type of digital workspace is also suitable for:
- Providing greater flexibility to employees, who have the opportunity to access all information related to their work anytime, anywhere using a computer, tablet or cell phone.
- Save costs due to the reduction of office space.
- Improve and streamline processes, as the Digital Workplace ensures centralized access to all company applications and tools.
- Enhance internal communication and stimulate the contribution of ideas and comments between work teams.
- Ensure the security of business information and data through a centralized, digital environment.
However, to take advantage of the benefits of the Digital Workplace it is important to keep in mind that it is essential to work in a 100% digital environment and that is something that very few companies can boast.